We believe that adopting a new pet should be a happy occasion, so we try not to make the process difficult or drawn-out.
So it goes like this.
- You had a browse on Pet Rescue and saw a photo that appealed to you (we know it’s the picture that caught your eye!).
- We hope you took the time to read the description carefully – we try to describe our pets accurately so that you can get a clear sense of whether they’re likely to be a good match for you.
- Send us an enquiry email if you’ve got any questions, or
- Fill out an adoption application if you’re interested in a meeting with the dog or cat.
- We’ll talk to you by phone and email.
- If we think it’s a good match, we’ll invite you to a “meet and greet” with the pet you’re interested in.
- You can spend as much time interacting with the pet you’re interested in as you like. If you have a current dog, you’re welcome to bring them along for the meeting.
- If things go well and we’re all happy with the meeting we can go ahead and complete the adoption paperwork (read a copy of our adoption agreement here).
- You can take your new pet home that day if that suits everybody and the pet’s vetwork is completed.
- We offer a two week trial period, and if things don’t work out, you can bring the pet back to us and we’ll refund your adoption fee in full.
- But even after the trial period is up, we’re always here to help and support you for as long as you need!